Sunday, December 21, 2008

Looking Back on 2008 - Part 2

My passion with photography started with travel photography and in 2008 I visited Japan in May on a photographic trip with the intention to capture Japan through my lens. My trip started in Narita and from there I travelled to Tokyo, Hakone, Kyoto, Nara and Osaka. Along the way I stayed in a capsule hotel, went to a sumo wrestling tournament, experienced the bullet train, saw Geishas in the Gion district of Kyoto, went on the hunt notoriously hard to see Mount Fuji, stayed in traditional Japanese hotels called Ryokans, ate sushi beyond belief, saw fabulous temples, got addicted to Pacinko (a pin ball machine that the Japanese love) and experienced traditional Japanese communal bathing! 

The trip was amazing and in August 2008 I ran a photography exhibition in Henley on Thames. I combined images and made photo montages out of many of the images. Below you can see a few of them. 




To view the complete Japan 2008 collection go to www.joannawilkinson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment